5.26.2020

Memorial Day celebrations!

This weekend was a PARTAY and I am hoping and praying that nobody I hung out with has COVID or else a lot of people are doomed (not really, but it tends to feel that way).

Friday was all about school parties. There were 2.5 of them that day. I kinda already blogged about it so I'll move right along.

On Saturday, I hung out with my girlfriends from high school for a lunch date at the park. We all brought our own blankets and camp chairs and food, and we had a jolly time chatting from six feet apart. I love those ladies, and it's always refreshing to get together.

Also on Saturday, I went to no fewer than four grocery stores to get random foods for the rest of the weekend's festivities. Apparently tracking down rainbow chip frosting at this time of year is a real chore...

On Sunday morning, I went to a family sacrament meeting with my family in the morning. I'd hoped to bring Brooks, but I knew he'd likely take a car nap if I did, and I wasn't willing to risk a missed nap.

And why not? Because on Sunday evening, we had Joseph's entire family (except Tara + Elijah, we missed you!) over to celebrate his birthday. It's not until Thursday, but we always celebrate family birthdays on Sundays with his fam. I used to debate whether we should try to celebrate on the day of his birthday with them, but I love that Sunday celebrations free up his actual birthday day for what he chooses to do (which is usually absurdly low-key, hehe).

Brooks about lost his mind with joy over having so many people at our house. He ran off with Grandpa at the beginning of the evening and spent the rest of the time with cousin after cousin after cousin. He was delighted to share his toys (I think?), and I was delighted to chat with adults instead of play in the toy room with him. I didn't think we'd be able to get him to bed while we still had guests, but I figured it was worth a shot and he did it! So now I'll be hosting parties all summer long. You're all invited.

Sunday night I went to game night with my family and Joseph stayed home to watch a movie. Both of us in our happy places = marital harmony. 

On Monday, we did the whole Sunday party thing again but with my side of the family and at my parents' house. Potluck BBQ on the deck (Jenna smoked a brisket!), dessert, games, cousins, etc. Brooks was delighted yet again and I'm starting to question my originally strong feeling that I have an introverted baby. He does way better lasting through family gatherings lately than he used to (but he's always done pretty darn well). Maybe it's the COVID isolation still leaking out of his system?? Anyway, kid loved seeing all the family people all weekend long. (I don't blame him. Family time is the best time.)

By the end of Monday I felt pretty partied out, but in a really good way. We started trying out a new routine today, and I got allllllllll motivated to set up some summer systems and very specific goals. Maybe I'll blog about it once I have the ball rollin a bit. In the meantime, here is the only picture I took of Brooks enjoying his company this weekend:

No comments:

Post a Comment