5.13.2020

Hehe, my old intro page (circa 2013)

Well hello and welcome!
My name is Alyssa. What's yours?
I run this little corner of the internet.
Sometimes it's a humorous corner. Sometimes it's a picturesque corner (note: my pictures  photography. Just FYI). 
Lots of times it's a sarcastic corner... #sorrynotsorry
But everything I post follows my blogosophy.

I feel like blogging is (unfortunately) an inherently self-centered activity, so I'm about to talk about myself. Sorry.

You may be interested to know the following: 
I enjoy brownies and fresh flowers. I do not enjoy doing laundry.
I come from a family of five daughters (think Fiddler on the Roof).
I used to play Bach, Beethoven, and Brahms every day, but my classical piano skills have slipped since I quit taking lessons after my senior year of high school. I'm working to bring them back because music is very important to me.
I am currently a math ed student Brigham Young University, and it is such a blessing in my life to attend a school so close to home with so many friendly people and so many opportunities to grow. College rocks.
My favorite color is yellow, my favorite article of clothing is a warm hoodie, and my favorite movie is What's Up, Doc?
I do puzzles in my free time. 
I love math and infinite things.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. (You might know us as the Mormons.) I know that God loves us all infinitely and equally, as we are all His literal children. I'm working to develop such love toward others while striving to become like Jesus Christ. You can hear more from other LDS members at this website



So yeah, that's about it. Questions, comments, or concerns? Feel free to drop me a line at
littlebitoflys(at)gmail(dot)com
I'd love to hear from you!

Oh, and thanks for stopping by :)



--------------------------------------
2020 Alyssa here: I would make an overhaul edit if this were still linked to the picture of my face over there on the right sidebar. Maybe I will do just that in the nearish future. But for now, here are the immediate edits I would make. 

:: My blogosophy is different. Maybe I'll rewrite that, too.
:: I don't mind laundry so much anymore.
:: I have gone through a few cycles of playing piano regularly since 2013, but I play ever decreasingly as I get older. I'm less sad about it than I used to be. I did teach myself a lovely piece last year and I have a secret dream to pay my old piano teacher for one more lesson to get his input on it (COVID started soon after I tracked down his phone number).
:: No longer a college student. *crying cuz I love homework so much* (That wasn't sarcasm.)
:: I don't really have a favorite movie anymore. I just....don't really watch movies very much?
:: And I'm not allowed say I'm a "Mormon" anymore. (RMN says so.)

I feel totally different and totally the same compared to my 2013 self. This was a gem to find tonight. Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment