5.08.2020

Personalities

Tonight I took an Enneagram test. It is the first time I've ever made it through a whole one because those Enneagram ones are always long! And the questions on them are annoying to me (heavy on emotions, I get that that's the point). But I knew my results would come in beautiful rainbow form, so I persisted. And guys, apparently I am four Enneagram types. *eye roll*

I'm sorry that I rolled my eyes at the Enneagram if you love it, but getting back fully half of the possible results as "my personality type(s)" feels a little bit like when you do the homework and then the teacher says, "Ehhhh I decided not to make you guys turn that one in." Why did I even take this test??

My percentage match numbers for the large pie pieces are as follows: 98% match for type 1, 97% match for type 5, 95% match for type 8, and 91% match for type 3. I guess I just get to choose whichever personality is most convenient at a given moment?

Here's my analysis based on these type descriptors: Type 3 is my lowest because I traded in some of my "excelling" and "drive" from high school for some relaxing during college. My Type 8 is a bit of a fluke but it came through because I consider myself confident as a leader. I am not, however, particularly "confrontational" (heavens!) or "decisive." The words "secretive" and "isolated" from Type 5 make me cringe, and I don't feel particularly perceptive. But a different list of descriptors said, "Fives are more comfortable with data than people," and that might be true for me.

So Type 1 (principled, purposeful, self-controlled, perfectionistic) is left as probably the best fit? But I still just don't vibe with it very well. *shrug*

My guess is that this Enneagram analysis is now long enough to be interesting for nobody but me, so let me leave you with the most practical personality test I've ever come across (seriously, that one can change how you accomplish stuff in this world), and then I'll tell you my Meyers-Briggs cuz when I read descriptors for that one I felt like they nailed it: I'm INFJ and proud of it!

Who needs the Ennegram anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment