7.30.2011

A Good Hodge Podge

Today I was looking around the desk in our basement family room and I found a stack of CD's, burned by Dad and labeled by Mom. 


Side note: My mom hates unlabeled CD's, and my dad never labels his CD's. They're a match made in heaven, I tell you. (Except they really are, despite CD differences.) 


Anyway, they were mostly hilarious labels like Dad's Neil Diamond and Weird Instrumentals or simply Dad's Weird Stuff, but there was one that caught my eye called A Good Hodge Podge. Any CD with the word "podge" in the title is bound to be a good one, right?


Well, this one did not disappoint. Check it out: 


1. "The Day Before You" :: Rascal Flatts
2. "The Way You Look Tonight" :: Michael Bublé
3. "Someday We'll Know" :: Mandy Moore feat. Jonathan Foreman
4. "Everything" :: Lifehouse
5. "Under Heaven's Skies" :: Collective Soul
6. "Amazed" :: Lonestar
7. "(Everything I Do) I Do it for You" :: Bryan Adams
8. "Miss Me Baby" :: Chris Cagle
9. "My Confession" :: Josh Groban
10. "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad" :: Def Leppard
11. "You Don't Know Me" :: Michael Bublé
12. "I Will Always Love You" :: Whitney Houston
13. "The Tension and the Terror" :: Straylight Run
14. "Blank Sheet of Paper" :: Tim McGraw


It has a few I would never choose to put on there, and one I've never even heard (who the heck is Straylight Run?), but it's quite enjoyable overall. I'm especially a fan of numbers 4, 6, and 10. Congrats to the unknowingly combined efforts of my parents for creating a new Saturday chores mix for their favorite daughter. :)


And now, a quick poll. Last time I posted a playlist, I found YouTube links for each song. It was a boatload of work, however, and I feel like probably nobody even used that (because honestly, I wouldn't have clicked a single one if it had been on someone else's blog). So, readers: music video links--useful or useless? 



Thanks! And many happy returns. 



2 comments:

  1. I'm like 93.58% sure that the hodge podge mix is one of my pining cds from back in the day of pining. It's not M&Ds at all. In fact, I'm pretty impressed for putting together such a fantastic cd and may like a copy of said cd that I may or may not own. Thx in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh haha I love Straylight Run. It's my big brother's favorite band, and it reminds me of him every time I listen to it. I like that mix! Sounds like someone in love made it. Which indeed makes it all that much more enjoyable!
    Love ya :)
    (Also the word verification on this is "yousi" now yousi me, now youdon't!)

    ReplyDelete