7.16.2011

S.O.S

Tomorrow, I'm playing the piano in church. 


It's really not a big deal. I can't count the number of times I've played in church, as an accompanist or a soloist. Heck, I postponed going to the singles' ward for a month simply because the home ward needed an accompanist. I promise: it's really not a big deal. 


But...I'm a little scared. It's different this time. 


First of all, I'm accompanying the whole congregation. I've accompanied large congregations, but never in sacrament meeting. Sacrament meeting necessitates an organist, not a pianist. Do I have to pound out those hymns like they're "Chopsticks"? That'll ruin the meeting. Will they hear me if I don't? Does anyone even listen in sacrament meeting?


Second of all, it means I'm official in the singles' ward.
And it means people will know I'm there (because so far I've managed to hide in the big sister's shadow, and it's been nice). 
And it means I'm almost guaranteed to sit by myself after the first two hymns and before the last one.
(OK, I don't really care about that, but it fits the argument.)


I just think it's bound to be a little weird on all accounts. Until it's over, I'll be wishing that either A) Jenna didn't have to work on Sundays sometimes, or B) I'd already taken that organ class I'm signed up for next semester. Or both. Whatever. 


If my favorite boy were here, he'd definitely be stepping in tomorrow. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sorry. i kinda have a similar situation- the choir is singing today and i have a 6 word solo...

    ReplyDelete