7.09.2011

Wisteria Mysteria


This is my plant. 
Isn't it cute?


How it came into existence: I received a valentine from one of the chorus kids at the elementary school where I did an internship this past year. On it was a little flower-pot-shaped piece of red, bumpy paper and instructions to soak it, plant it, and see what happened. I did so, and here we are today with a new friend. (I guess I should mention that it has been growing for muchas semanas, lest you think this popped up overnight.)


The dilemma: This method of growth, although very exciting, ensured that I have no idea what plant it is. If there are any botanists reading this that feel they could recognize a month-and-a-half old plant in a cup of dirt, please comment! I can provide better pictures if there's any chance of identification. Although I don't really expect that to happen, unfortunately...


If it turns into something I recognize, you'll be the first to hear about it. Until then, consider yourselves introduced, in case you ever meet again.


*Note: The title of this post is not to imply that I think my plant is wisteria. It simply was the first plant I could think of to rhyme even a bit with "mysterious" (and I still had to change it up, obviously). 

No comments:

Post a Comment