7.05.2011

Lightning!...has just struck my brain.

Tonight's epiphany is this: 


thunder and lightning = God's fireworks display


I sat on the porch and watched the rain pound for a long time tonight. I jumped in the puddle on the corner of our street and I counted the seconds after the lightning to estimate the distance of the storm. I also watched the sunset, which was amazing because the storm stopped just in time to paint the whole sky pink and orange and yellow...and then it continued as though nothing had happened. 

I love these kinds of evenings because they're humbling. Something about a raging sky reminds me that I'm not actually the one in charge here and makes me grateful that I get to be on the team whose captain made that storm. Lightning is so fiercely beautiful, and thunder so movingly powerful, and rain so utterly cleansing; they truly make a perfect combination! I love, love, LOVE thunderstorms. 

And now I'm going to eat some leftover cake from yesterday and listen to some James Taylor. Ya'll enjoy that rain now, ya hear?

PS: 17 points to the first person who names the movie and speaker of the quote in this post's título :) 

2 comments: