1.25.2012

Apples and dominoes.

Yesterday was a lovely day. Please allow me to record it for posterity:


First off, you should know that I do not like eating plain apples. I will drink all the apple juice in the world, and I love apple-flavored Jolly Ranchers, but plain apples just do not float my boat.


(There's a valid history behind this dislike, but it will be shared another time.)


Now, I teach piano on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. On Tuesdays, my first lesson is with my newest student, whom I quite enjoy teaching. She answers all my questions and asks plenty of her own, so we are well on our way to teacher-student friendship. Adorbs. 


Yesterday, this student rose to the position of "favorite student" within the first 10 seconds of her lesson. When I answered the door, she handed me an apple. Confused at first, I asked jokingly, "Oh, is this an apple for the teacher?" She smiled real big and replied that it indeed was! 


Ok, tell me that's not the cutest thing ever. I don't even like apples, and it's the cutest thing ever. I'm technically not a real teacher (yet), and I'm already getting apples from students! So in love with this. I vow to eat this apple. (And now I've said "apple" so many times that it sounds weird in my head.)


Part two of yesterday's goodness was my evening with Jen. She was in a wonderful mood, and we played dominoes. Check it out: 
They're maybe a little wonky, but Jen just likes to match the colors, so eliminating "wonky" is at the very bottom of our domino to-do list. Usually breaking all the normal rules of dominoes is right at the top of that same list. It's fine. 


When I was trying to take these pictures, Jen ran to grab her own camera, and we both took pictures of the dominoes.She kept saying, "Smile, dominoes! Say cheese!" which I thought was absolutely hilarious. It is impossible to not love this girl. 


Ok, that was my great day yesterday. There were a million other little things, but these are the two of which I have pictures, so they made blog status. Thanks for listening. 
(PS: these were both kairos moments, if you were wondering. I'm still loving that as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment