1.19.2012

Kairos



Some frivolity:

Currently listening to my new Daughtry album. 
It's totes mainstream, but it reminds me of that one missionary, so I'm totes in love
Happy birthday to me!


I think I want to TA for American Heritage in the nearest possible future. 
(I know "TA" is not actually a verb.)
Because, hello, I want to be a teacher. What better way to do so than to practice on unsuspecting freshmen?


I think I also want to try out the BYU Jerusalem Center someday. 
It would be good for me. 
Not to mention that it would add a boatload of interesting stories to this here bloggy blog.



Some seriousness:

Yesterday I ran into a friend in the Maeser building and we chatted when I was supposed to be doing matrices. 

My math homework was turned in late. Who cares.


I recently read a blog post, "Don't Carpe Diem," where I learned about chronos and kairos
Two Greek words for time. One used to represent actual minute-to-minute, day-to-day time (chronos), and the other for special time, stand-still-moment time, God's time (kairos).


Today I started pointing out kairos moments to myself. It's healthy. I found at least three.
My personal motto for this semester is, "Remember to wonder."
Life is beautiful when you look at it this way. Everything is suddenly magical.
I am so in love with this perspective.

God is real and loves and knows me. He cares about what I care about. He provides all I need and so much more.
Tonight has been one endless kairos moment while I've realized the abundance in my life.


"Sincerely giving thanks unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love. May we cultivate in our hearts an attitude of gratitude." 
-President Thomas S. Monson-


Amen to that.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you just took the words right out of my mind. I was thinking this EXACT same thing today and considering blogging about it. Including the Jerusalem center and the American Heritage TA thing. Just more evidence that we are the same person.

    ReplyDelete