1.06.2012

Up to date



1) Speaking of dates, I'm going on one on Saturday. At least, I think it's a date...but the word "date" was never actually said on the phone, so don't judge me if I'm wrong.

2) It's a new semester, of course. New math professor sounds just like John Stossel, so that's...unexpected. New science professor has a Belgian accent and a fun sense of humor. New schedule lets me leave home later and come home earlier, which totally rocks.
And I'm already making new friends.
It'll be a good semester, I do believe.

3) New phone! And isn't it nice that it decided to duplicate every contact? Yes, I thought so.
But in all honesty I have no complaints about this newfangled device, even after fretting about it for a few months now. Hooray for WiFi and Swype!

4) Recently finished Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. It was like reading bottled brilliance. C.S. Lewis is an incredibly gifted teacher, and I highly recommend this book to anyone, Christian or otherwise. 

5) Look who's now on a mission: 
Good morning, Baltimore! Here he comes.
Maybe I cried. Maybe we hugged after he'd been set apart (where does that "family" line get drawn anyway?). Maybe I miss him even more than I anticipated. Maybe I've already written him a letter in the two days he's been gone.
But undoubtedly, he will be a fantastic missionary.

{For future reference: I shall refer to this particular missionary as "Elder Cousin" to avoid any confusion with other missionaries who may come up on this blog frequently. Over and out.}

1 comment:

  1. My dear Alyssa. I would very much like to talk with you about these things you mentioned in the near future. Also, I apologize again for not getting your message earlier today!

    ReplyDelete