1.31.2012

This is my Grammie:



Today is her birthday.

1) She never failed to express her love. 
2) She forgave everyone for everything, every time.
3) She was a trooper. Seriously.
4) She showed me that it is best to be happiest when you're with your family. We're all stuck together anyway, right?
5) She had incredible self-control. 
6) She appreciated the talents of others, and she let you know when she thought you had some.
7) If she was anything, she was selfless. Well, determined also, but mostly selfless.
8) She invested emotionally in everything I chose to do and always followed up.
9) She was the closest to perfection in this life I have ever witnessed.
10) She's the person I write down when asked, "Who is your hero?"

This was a hard list to keep to 10. I could go to 1000.
Never in my life have I encountered another human being who as Christlike as Gram. 
I can't wait to see her again.
I love you Grammie!

3 comments:

  1. Wow I can definitely see the family resemblance. Also, I'm glad someone else calls their Grandma Grammie. Even though I spell it Grammy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me tear up a little. Even though I've hardly heard you talk about her. I think it's neat that you did a post dedicated to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a wonderful portrait. so beautiful.


    http://www.onewonderfulthing.com

    ReplyDelete