4.25.2014

And that's a wrap






Not that this is the last time you'll ever hear about plants on this blog, but you have now met all of the plants I received during my class this last semester. You have also now seen one of the most wonderful GIFs on the world wide web. Wahoo!

One thing which came up almost every week in class is that plants clean the air around them constantly. Most people understand that plants somehow breathe in what we breathe out and breathe out what we breathe in (photosynthesis and respiration and biology and stuff), but did you know that plants also breathe in lots of toxins?? Their roots love toxins! Seriously, though, people have studied this scientifically (NASA, so...credible people, I suppose), and plants really do eat up toxins like they're candy. 

[Name this quote: "Tastes just like candy...honest!"]

Anyway, having healthy house plants can clean up your indoor air. Obviously this works better if you have rooms upon rooms of house plants, but I figure my few are better than nothing. I feel so...green!

But I sure am going to miss visiting that lil BYU greenhouse...



I love plants. Amen.


2 comments:

  1. Funny you should post this now because I was wanting to get some plants in the near future that would help with our air in the home....part of spring cleaning and after our kitchen is done and some that are hearty and don't die easily. Any suggestions? ? ?

    Also, I Love Lucy. Vitameatavegamin episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a booklet of the best air-cleaning plants! I shall show you next time I am in your neck of the woods.

      Delete