4.08.2014

Plants: Tillandsia

In case you have not yet heard, I have a small obsession with plants and flowers. Last spring I took floral design, and they mentioned that the wildlife major had a similar class but for interior plants. I decided then that I would take this class at some point. And that point was this semester.

THIS CLASS IS AMAZING. I've learned lots of cool stuff, spent lots of time in the greenhouse, and acquired excellent replacements for any pets (plants don't require anything but water, and they don't shed hair or poop...win-win-win). You should all take this class if you get a chance. 


But now that my plug is over, I'd like to introduce you to the plants I've acquired over the semester. We'll start with the air plants, which were actually a Christmas gift from Mariah. 
Behold, the majestic Tillandsia. Apparently these flower once a year, but I have yet to see any such thing. They are super cool though because they don't need dirt! Just an occasional bath. They live in the fishbowl:
And they are a lovely permanent centerpiece for our kitchen table.


Tomorrow we'll meet more of the family. Here's a sneak peek:
Play name that plant if you feel so inclined!

2 comments:

  1. Pothos...Dracaena...Schefflera? and... Philodendron?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Dracaena, Umbrella plant, and maybe a Ficus, and either philodendron or pothos. Do tell.

    ReplyDelete