4.21.2014

Plants: Schefflera

Schefflera caught my eye in class because of her cute umbel-like leaves (they're sorta like lil umbrellas!).
These plants can get HUGE and bushy or treelike, so it's kind of adorable to have such a lil baby one. 

She comes with a burlap holder because we were supposed to learn the value of a decorative pot...but most other students threw theirs away. And I'm considering doing the same lately, just because I worry every time I water it that there is a pool in the bottom growing mold and poisoning everything! Irrational, I know. 

Anyway, decorative burlap or no, I enjoy this tiny bush. Schefflera lives atop the microwave with pothos:
And also our toaster and our "love notes" stationery live there. It helps me keep the microwave tidy to have things that just stay there always, and the plants take up so much microwave real estate that I hardly ever pile paperwork there! (I have a strong tendency to pile up my paperwork.) Side note: how cute are those big hearts from our niece Savanna?? They are still there because I don't have the heart to take them down. I'm just full of sentimentality, you see.

Anyway, this was less about schefflera than I supposed it would be when I started writing, but whatevs. I love schefflera just like I love all my plants. I have a little dream to keep repotting her as she grows up, but we'll see if it happens. It's just a little dream, so...


No comments:

Post a Comment