4.22.2014

I am my parents

Ever since I decided on my personality (sometime mid-high school), I have thought I am a lot like my mom and less like my dad. I have also since thought that I look a lot like my mom and less like my dad. 

All of that was shot down the first time I saw this picture:
OH MY GOSH, RIGHT?? Then I talked to Joe about it and I was all like, "Check it out, I do have some of my dad in me!" and he was all like, "Well, yeah. You act like him a lot, too." This idea made me excited; thus, ever since this photo, I have been watching for the parts of me that follow Dad's example. 

I prank my coworkers every now and then, like he does.
I use words like "crap" and "stupid" with extra emphasis on the consonants when I'm frustrated, like he does.
I believe wholeheartedly in dessert, like he does. 
I have a general distrust for government organizations, like he does.
And there's, like, lots more.

Therefore, I am my father


But also, I think I should clarify that finding this part of myself did not diminish the parts of me that are my mom! Look:
OH MY GOSH, RIGHT?? Plus, we have, like, all the same tendencies.

I respond to most situations with the same emotion that my mom would.
I roast my veggies, like she does.
I only make messes in piles, like she does.
I believe in sentimentality, like she does.
But there's, like, lots more here, too.

Therefore, I am my mother.


Isn't it weird how you turn into the people who raised you as you get older? Whose idea was that, anyway.




PS: The pictures in this post indicate that my promised actual wedding photos (not just formals) are finally on their actual way to blogland! Blog promises should never be  taken seriously around here...

2 comments:

  1. you are darling! i am my mother too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! love. They are good people to be (: You've got a great family, and you carry an amazing legacy with you!

    ReplyDelete