4.18.2014

From the draft archives: "Net fashion"


[This is a post I drafted during my freshman year (2011) and never posted. The plan was to take pics of my outfit for a week and then declare point values, but.....yeah that never happened. So now, I post it in memory of a time when I thought of things like this because it's funny to me.]

I have a dilemma. It's called "my mom keeps encouraging me to dress cute, and I don't know how to go about it." 

I also have a solution. It's called "net fashion." If I try to look cute one day, I don't have to fret over it the next day, and vice versa. 

Look. In the last couple days, I've worn both of these outfits for a day:
So clearly one of them is cuter than the other. Positive points one day, negative points the next day. I just have to keep my average around zero. It's a bonus if it starts to climb, but we'll just let that happen if it wants to. 



[2014 edit: I now generally wear what I consider to be "cute enough" outfits. These are about equivalent to the maximum of cute with which I was experimenting in 2011, but then I also use this same "net fashion" idea to step up my game for date nights and let down my guard for Saturdays. I guess my fashion average did climb after all! If nothing else, I at least feel more of an interest in looking presentable now. But I still have plenty of don't-care-i'm-a-bear* days. But no more cargo shorts, and free t-shirts only come out for yard work and stuff. What am I trying to say with this addendum? You won, Mom. And thanks.]



*See picture:

Was this a weird post? Yes. These things happen.


2 comments:

  1. I still operate on this principle, but in less of a normal way. See, I combine positive and negative fashion points into the same outfit. Would you like an elaboration? Of course you would! Today I woke up feeling very "today is finals and I don't care" ish, so I put on an old t-shirt and some tennis-shoes. Then I was like "Hey girl, you can do better." So I put on some pretty floral jeans and curled my locks. It wasn't until I got to campus and looked in the bathroom mirror (what is it about public bathroom mirrors?) that I realized that today's outfit was not working. Ehhh, wuteva. P.s. I like your fashion now, and also your freshman fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite posts. You have a cute style and I love the bear.

    ReplyDelete