8.22.2011

Book + Shirt = Housewarming Party

I have a friend named Sharissa. She just moved out, today. I was on campus, today. It was probably fate. 


OK, no it wasn't; we planned it yesterday. But it just happened to be that I owed her a book and she owed me a shirt. That part might have been fate. 


In any case, I finished all my campus errands (car registration, ID card, textbook purchase, etc.) and ran over to Sharissa's lovely little dorm. I gave her this book: 




Because it was her's (hers?) to begin with. I borrowed it at the very beginning of the summer for some easy reading. And easy reading it certainly was...and that's all I should probably say about it... 


In return, she gave me this shirt: 




Because I did. I survived the swine flu, two years ago. That's probably another story for another time, but this shirt happens to be the story of today. Ain't it a beaut? I especially adore the hand-sewn pig in the corner. Thanks Sharissa!


The exchange made for a lovely housewarming party. Plus also, I enjoyed her view of Y mountain and admired her plates, because every new home deserves a couple good compliments, right? (I just made that up, obviously.) Anyway, if anyone else wants to exchange shirts and books on their first day in a new dorm, just holler. I am so there. 

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you loved that book! And I'm glad you finally got your shirt after two years.

    ReplyDelete