8.19.2011

Go cougs!

Seriously: so excited for BYU.




Some specific look-forward-to's: 


1) A real math class! I learned plenty in Stats last year, and I'm sure I'll be fine when I have to study it again sometime in my future, but I'd rather work with numbers than words. No real mathematician would probably say this, but there should be one, and only one, right answer. 


2) I've heard the boys on campus are extremely proficient at opening girls' doors. Excited to test this out. 


3) I'll have a backpack with two straps. This may not seem like a big deal, but seeing as how I've had a side bag for 3 years now, I've discovered the misery of unevenly-distributed textbook weight. Can't wait for my right shoulder to finally catch a break.


4) Secular learning in a faith-based environment. How's that for a mouthful? But if anything I've heard from Cougar veterans can be trusted (and it can), there's a different atmosphere in BYU classrooms than you'd find at any other school. And shouldn't there be, when God is essentially helping each student and teacher to learn and to teach? I believe it, and I long to be a part of it. 


5) And finally, daily proximity to the BYU Creamery. Three cheers for ice cream. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment