9.24.2011

iSing

I already brought this up once, but now I have pictures, so...this week was my first BYU choir concert! It was also my first time wearing stage make-up (gag, gag). From a girl who never wears anything but mascara, I knew from the get-go that the required stage make-up would make me want to die. And I was right, but I survived two nights of it, so I guess I'll be able to handle future concerts. 


It's totally, like, chill or whatever. 


Plus, if you come early to call time, they'll just do it for you. Three cheers for hair and make-up committees!


Anyway, my overall analysis of the concert was that we need to learn to control our gosh darn adrenaline, or we will never reach anything quieter than mezzo-forte. Other than that, I can tell I'm really going to enjoy being in BYU choirs. I love, love, love the way Sister Applonie conducts. Love it.


Also, Men's Chorus is incredible and I wish I could just listen to their rehearsal every day.




Here's me and my father before the show: 


And here's us being a little corny: 


Oompa-loompa status, say what?
(Me, not him. Obvi.)

BYU Women + BYU Men. Also singing, but not pictured, are Concert Choir and BYU Singers.



I personally think we're a little overwhelming, but I guess that's what the De Jong is for. That place is built for sound, and lots of it. So incredible to finally sing there!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. Perhaps I'm partial...nah. They're really good pics!

    ReplyDelete