9.01.2011

Dogs, bugs, and a song

Today was free hot dog day at lunchtime on campus. Nobody knows how to feed a crowd like members of the LDS church. 

I just smashed a bug in my biology book. It's ironic, a little bit, killing something with a book about life.

My sister sent me a Pinterest invite. Yikes. It's a whole new social-networking realm, and I can't even figure out what I should make boards about. Maybe I'll just stick with forever looking at other people's stuff. Yeah, that sounds good.

I jammed up our copy machine today. Rats.

Bug blood, in case you're wondering, is a healthy red. Not blue or black, despite whatever you may have learned from the old adage, "One black beetle bled only black blood; the other black beetle bled blue."

Did you know that you can get 80 cent postal stamps? I didn't, until today.

At the end of piano lessons, I always ask my students if they have any questions, comments, or concerns, mostly because I think I'm funny, apparently. Anyway, I was in a hurry to finish one lesson and start the next, and my student said, "You forgot to ask for questions, comments, or concerns." I did so. He replied, "Yes, I have a comment: thank you for teaching me."

Please, enjoy a song:




It's honestly one of my all-time favorites. Goodness only knows why.

1 comment: