9.08.2011

The Miracle of Yesterday

Once upon a yesterday, I posted about my not-great day. It was only mildly on the bad side, but I was slightly hormonal and all the little things had piled up a bit. Ever had that happen? Ok good, you can sympathize. Thanks for understanding. 


Anyway, that day ended on a completely different note than I anticipated. It was a nice surprise (not to mention a blatant and immediate answer to prayer), and I won't soon forget it. Here's what happened:


Within 10 minutes of my post being published, I received 3 cheery text messages from 3 people who hadn't even read my post. Two of those messages informed me that I had received snail mail from a certain missionary in Mexico. Hello, best day ever. 


The third text was from older sister Bri. It was a funny picture of me and the neph that she took a few weeks ago and just forgot to send...until yesterday. Does God inspire forgetfulness? Because I kind of think He may have. I wouldn't have needed that picture a few weeks ago, but I sure darn needed it yesterday. 


Here's what is amazing to me: I don't remember all those things that bothered me yesterday morning. I do remember feeling happy and loved from that point when I pleaded for help and friendship until the moment I went to sleep. The people who turned my day around so immediately couldn't have known my day needed turning. Therefore, I firmly believe there was inspiration at hand. Such coordination of individual schedules for the benefit of just one person is not a human feat. 


Prayers are answered, every day. Small miracles happen, every day. For this I am grateful. That's all I really mean to say.





(PS: Want to see that picture? You'll have to pardon the quality. Little-known fact--my phone is actually from the Mesozoic Era, so I don't know a way to get pictures from phone to computer. It stinketh.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad He was able to help out a bit through me. Also, if you text your picture to your email address, you can save it to your comp and then upload to blogger. That's how I do a lot of my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus I love E's face in the pic - he's like, "First, what is she doing? Second, why?" Haha.

    ReplyDelete