9.06.2011

Los Beatles

(That isn't really the Beatles.)

Last night my family went to a fake Beatles concert. My mom's a big fan; the only time I ever remember hearing her say, "Oh this is a good song!" and turning it up was to the Beatles. My dad could do without them in his life, but he bought tickets to this tribute concert for Mom's sake. And we all got to go for family night!


Anyway, the name of the actual group we saw last night is 1964, and these guys were surprisingly good. They've done their best to be as legit as possible. As far as I'm concerned, it's worked. Granted, my Beatles knowledge is limited, but they probably could have fooled me, had we been in the 60's. (Of course, if we were in the 60's, I would have seen the real Beatles, and I wouldn't have blogged about it. So...win some, lose some? I dunno.)




From their blog: 

The tribute band strives for authenticity, both in sound and appearance. The musicians that portray the Fab Four mimic the body movements and characters of the individuals, and work to look as much like The Beatles as possible. The musician portraying Paul McCartney imitates him by playing the bass left-handed, despite the fact that the musician is actually right-handed.

In addition to Beatles fans, those with an interest in history might also enjoy the tribute concert. Gardner said everything is done in its original form. The instruments are identical to the ones played by The Beatles in 1964 and the suits that the members of the tribute band wear for performances come from the same company that made the original suits for the lads from Liverpool.

I dunno about you, but I'm not enough of a fan of anything to change my handedness. Therefore, I'm impressed. Kudos to 1964 for dedication and detail-orientedness.


This is me and my mom waiting to get in:


This is the Scera Shell:


This is them, again: 


This is me and my sister doing the Twist and Shout: 


This was my favorite thing that they did: 


And this is how we watch concerts sometimes: 


This is a video of one of my favorite songs. It's the real Beatles, and it's from YouTube, because I cannot for the life of me figure out why Blogger never lets me upload videos. Ugh.




All in all, it was a grand ol' time. 
(Sorry that this post just took all your time. Let it be, k?)
(Sorry for the terrible attempt at a Beatles reference. It's late.)

1 comment: