8.27.2012

First day of school

[Subtitle: Sometimes I'm an accidental creep.]


So I go to this place called BYU, and it's really great. School started today, and I'm kind of nervous for this semester because I am taking a million math classes. And one religion class. Oh and also choir, but that's not really a class in my book. 

Anyway, today while I was walking from my car to my class, a boy behind me struck up a conversation, just out of the blue. It was lovely. We chatted about all the normal stuff: where are you from, what class are you going to, what's your major, what do you plan to do with that, etc. We did not exchange names. Then we both went to class. I love my school because this is a normal sort of happening, and it makes me happy. 

The end. 

Oh wait. NOT THE END. Because then, two minutes ago, I was looking through an album BYU posted on Facebook of pictures taken around campus today, and HE WAS IN THAT ALBUM. The album of random students with only about 20 visible faces. I talked to 1 student in 35,000 today and that same student showed up as part of 20 (out of 35,000) tagged on Facebook. It's super weird! Is that super weird? I think that's super weird. I had to stalk his Facebook profile, natch, and I even considered friending him (since he has over 1000 friends..), but I decided that would be letting my spontaneous creepiness get out of hand. But I just thought that was a super weird coincidence, and I had to share. Also, I feel like these are the kinds of stories that seem to end in marriage when you go to BYU, so don't be surprised if I marry him. But then again, do be surprised, because he seemed like a hipster. 

Ok the end.


But while I'm here and celebrating a new semester, I also just wanted to say that I really love being in school. I love being at BYU specifically. I love my major and the people that I know in my major and the professors that I interact with in my major. I love walking around campus and seeing people I know and saying hello to people I don't know. I love learning. I love growing. I love getting back into the swing of a daily routine. I love college. 

Go cougs!

The end. 


6 comments:

  1. Only great posts like these have 3 endings

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least you admit your creepiness ;) ps i wish we had a class together. and i miss asl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heavens I miss ASL too!! I would totally give up on abstract algebra this semester to go back to that. PS: congrats on walking/being super close to graduating :)

      Delete
  3. No joke I was thinking stories like this always end in marriage. But I was thinking that before I read that you wrote that! Hahah just felt the need to share that is all:)

    ReplyDelete