8.18.2012

Songs to sew to

Tonight I stayed home and worked on my latest project, which is a super easy quilt. It was good times, but my favorite part was by far this playlist that I created and named "this is what i sew to." I was kind of in a mix of moods when I created it...so it's SUPER WEIRD. If you judge people by their music choices (cuz I feel like people actually do that sometimes), don't use this as a basis to judge me. Because this is not my norm; rather, it is my "weird," if you will.

Anyways...
Hey did you know that "anyways" isn't actually a word? I don't think any of us can be surprised by that since it just sounds like awful English, but I also don't think knowing this new fact will stop any of us from using it if we already use it. Then again, maybe I just speak for myself.

So anyways.

You can listen here.
Or you can just see this list of songs:

Loving You Tonight :: Andrew Allen
Oh Darling :: Plug In Stereo feat. Cady Groves
Feel So Close :: Calvin Harris
Don't Wake Me Up :: Chris Brown
The Spirit Carries On :: Dream Theater
September :: Earth Wind and Fire
Storm :: Lifehouse
Broken :: Lifehouse
Come Away to the Water :: Maroon 5
End of May :: Michael Buble
We Are Young :: Mika
Lullaby :: Nickelback
Rainbow Veins :: Owl City
Shooting Star :: Owl City
Dementia :: Owl City
Gold :: Owl City
Take It All Away :: Owl City
Kiss Me Slowly :: Parachute
Hold My Heart :: Sara Bareilles
Say You're Sorry :: Sara Bareilles
The Light :: Sara Bareilles
Breathe Again :: Sara Bareilles
Between the Lines :: Sara Bareilles
City :: Sara Bareilles
One Sweet Love :: Sara Bareilles
Bright Lights and Cityscapes :: Sara Bareilles
T-Shirt :: Shontelle

Wow if you actually read through any of those, congrats. Because that's an obnoxious thing to post, but I'm recording it anyway (for my posterity). Also, I put it on shuffle so that I wouldn't listen to too many Sara Bareilles at a time and start crying or anything. If I had to pick a wild card to recommend you take away from this post and YouTube, it'd be "The Spirit Carries On" by Dream Theater, unless you like super happy music, in which case I'd say to go look up Owl City's latest EP. (Their new radio one is meh, but I like all the others just fine.)

So there you go. A sewing playlist, in case you needed one. Take it and run, fellow bloggers.

3 comments:

  1. Totes saw Dream Theater in high school. He did a show with Satriani. BRAG.

    I also think I am sort of incapable of listening to that Calvin Harris song without sorta dancing in my seat, so I'd probably prick myself sewing. I solve this problem by not sewing, so I suppose I'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness you saw Dream Theater?? I wish I could say I was the most dedicated of fans, but they are really more of Joe's style. His all-time fave, actually. He would probably question you about the entire performance if he ever found out you went to concert.

      And Calvin makes me dance as well. I solve this problem by taking periodic dance party breaks. True story.

      Delete
    2. Caleb saw them, like, last month, so his memories are probably better. Junior year of high school was a really long time ago IAMSOOLD.

      I take dance party breaks with my cats. I think I enjoy them more than the cats do, but Muffin is an awesome dancer.

      Delete