8.15.2012

I've just had an apostrophe! (Name that movie)


Well now that Downton is over (I'm crying), I have time to explain a new blogging philosophy that I've come up with.
Ok, it's really not a "philosophy" but we'll just pretend it is.

Ready?



Instead of catching up on events a month after they come and go, I shall write about them as they happen. 


Whew. That's it.

There are a few personal reasons driving this [very original and novel] idea. First off, my blog has unfortunately become more of a journal lately than my actual journal, and I just don't want to miss stuff. Also, I'm tired of telling myself every day that I need to edit and explain those one pictures from that one activity with those one friends. Whenever I do that, I feel like I can't blog other stuff in the middle, so I just don't blog, which takes us back to my first reason. And finally, school's starting soon, and if I don't set new rules now, I'll let these nasty habits run amok in no time at all and before you know it, I won't have posted for a semester.
And I'd hate to leave my devoted fans alone for so long because they might cry.
Oh wait...

Anyways, it's not quite as exciting as all that, but I very much admire those bloggers who say they're going somewhere fun and why, and then promptly post the pictures and whatnot upon arriving home again. I admire those who find a current event and comment on it the day it happens! I also find it fascinating that people can plan their blog posts a month in advance and have them drafted and ready to post when times get busy. I do understand that it's mostly people who blog for a living who do that. However, I'm just trying to blog my living, if that makes sense, so that's close enough.

Remember how I was going to "think. create. record." this summer? Well, I've been thoughtful and creative, but I haven't recorded it all because I've procrastinated. No more of that, now! (I'll share in an upcoming post my overall analysis on how well I feel I achieved my early summer goals. And for reals, I will.)

It really shouldn't be very difficult to keep up on my own life, wouldn't you think?

So here I go again, with new blogging goals, new blogging ideas in the works, a new blog layout, and a new blogging philosophy. Wish me luck! And call me on it if I don't blog for more than a couple days. Unless it's finals week, I'm probably telling myself I need to blog but refusing to just do it, so it will be immensely helpful of you to bring it up.




Oh and real quick, before you go, here's a fun fact:
Shortly after 2:29 [yesterday] afternoon Eastern Daylight Time, the press release says the U.S. population clock hit 314,159,265. 
Can I hear a woot-woot for pi population??
Pretty cool, even if you're not a math major. #amiright?
Thanks Mom for sending me this link.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my I've been thinking along these exact same lines! Thank you for putting it into words. You're a gem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, 3 comments and nobody knew what movie??
    Hook.
    i win.

    ReplyDelete