4.20.2020

Mrs. Facer moves online

Today was my first day as an online teacher.

Okay, that's not entirely true. My classes moved online due to COVID-19 more than a month ago, and I've been involved with their facilitation since then.

But I've also had two (TWO!) student teachers helping along the way. And they have been amazing and self-sufficient problem solvers who have allowed me to work mostly in the background, tracking down non-responsive students and handling any particularly sensitive emails.

All three of us have been working nearly full-time hours (I say "nearly" only because it's quite difficult for anyone to work actual full-time hours from home) to make this classroom run smoothly online. And now that workload for three has been reduced....to just me.

I really cannot complain for even one second because I have considered myself the luckiest teacher in the world to have such competent and significant help during the switch from regular to online ed. 

But man, today was...kind of long. I have some time prioritizing to do in the very near future.

And now that I know fairly positively that I won't get to see my students in person again, I just gotta say: May 22 cannot come soon enough.



Unrelated: wanna see my toddler be excited about a haircut from Grandpa?

No comments:

Post a Comment